Monday, January 9, 2012

Recipe of the Day: Ginger Stir Fry

It's cold outside, so all I want to do is curl up by the fire with something warm and tasty. In my search for appropriate tastiness, I stumbled upon this recipe:

Ginger Stir Fry
Serves 6, takes approx 40 minutes

1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger (divided)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (divided)
1 small head broccoli florets
1/2 cup snow peas
3/4 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup halved green beans
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tablespoon salt

To prepare, start by combining cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Stir until cornstarch is disolved. Use this mixture to coat snow peas, broccoli, carrots, and green beans before cooking.

Heat the remaining oil in wok over medium heat. Toss in coated veggies and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly so as not to let them burn. Add soy sauce, water, onion, remaining ginger and salt. Cook until veggies are crisp yet tender.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I think this is the best recipe that I found on the web. I want to try to cook it but I think this would not be easy. I will follow properly those steps so that I can cook this.

    Recipe for Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete